Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We Have a Crochet Pattern

Thanks to the AMAZING people over at Ravelry.com we now have a pattern for crocheters :) I am forever in debt to Laurie who came up with this pattern, as all I know how to do in crochet is single chain, and at that I only learned how to make rows of that tonight.

Child size

Hook 3.5 mm / US E or 4 / UK or canada 9

Gauge : 4 stitches per inch approximately

Chain 30 plus one for turning.
Starting in the second chain from the hook, single crochet into each loop.
Chain 1, turn. Single crochet into the back loop of each stitch.
Repeat until you have a piece that unstretched is 6 inches long.
Note to beginning crocheters - sometimes it pays to count the stitches as you go so you don’t lose any and end up with a triangle :)

Cut yarn leaving about a 10 inch tail. Sew closed lengthways carefully, being sure to not make bumps. Weave in ends.

Adult size:

Chain 36 plus 1 for turning. Make as child size except make the piece 8 to 9 inches long unstretched.


Again, thank you so much to Laurie!

On another note, I should be posting more about good fibers, special instructions for people with CF that want to knit covers, and plans for a second project geared towards CF people with a port for IV access. I also am working on different variations for the PICC cover.

3 comments:

  1. i plan on never having or needing another PICC or IV but.. then reality sets in and I find myself going through my yarn bag trying to figure out which colours to use to make a picc cover.
    i had my mom make me one this year on her knitting loom. it was the perfect size and SOO needed!
    if i can make one that looks good Id love to keep making them and donate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the size/dimensions of the final cover? I would like to use different sized yarn and hook but I'd like to know the measurements to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I needed a super easy one.

    ReplyDelete